Friday 5 October 2012

mini challenges and new foods

I had a mini challenge last week to do 3 lots of 15 mins on the treadmill jogging for one minute and building up to one and a half minutes.  I did it!  I managed



Sunday – 15 mins at 4.5 managed to jog at 6.00  for 50 seconds

Tuesday – 15 mins 4.5 and managed to jog at 6.00 for 1.5 mins (as 60 + 30 secs)

Thursday – 20 mins 4.2 and managed to jog at 6.00 for 2 mins 15 secs (as 30 + 30 + 30 + 45 secs)

Friday – 15 mins at 4.2 and managed to jog at 6.00 for 2 mins and 10 secs (30 + 30 + 30 + 40 secs)



When I got the treadmill last year I struggled to walk on it for more than 5 mins at 3.00 :-)


So my challenge this week is to do 4 lots of 20 mins jogging for 2.5 mins



I also decided to try at least one new food a week.  Last week I tried

ricotta cheese

French toast

Quinoa


I loved all three of them. I had the ricotta with a piece of french toast, strawberries, blueberries and bananna, drizzled with a weeny bit of runny honey


The quinoa I simmered in a stock cube with sundried tomatoes and served with left over homemade chilli and a side salad


Unsure what I will try yet this week but will definitely try and least one new food.


Had a good week overall. I am terribly bloated this week which is horrid as everything is tight on me but I'm podding on and through it as it will go. I've upped my water and green tea intake to see if that helps at all.

I've had some lovely meals this week and have really enjoyed my food.

I did let the bloating get to me on one of the days. I felt huge and my jeans were so tight I had to take them off and wear stretchy trousers.  I allowed that to influence my day and ate all the wrong foods, but I realise thats not the way forward and picked myself up dusted myself down and continued being positive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment