Sunday 9 September 2012

Shopping

So yesterday I went shopping! Shopping Shopping. Not online shopping. Not dash to town and get home fast shopping, but Shopping Shopping :)

I haven't been shopping for many years due to my ibs and anxieties. They ruled my life. The more I let them the worse it got. To the point I simply stayed home as much as I could. I was Queen of excuses, and backed out of most trips and events with one excuse or another :(  This year I've been facing my fears one at a time and yesterday was testing out shopping.

We had a fab time. I took Charlie and Gary's Mum. The boys went to watch Cobblers and dropped us in Northampton and picked us up afterwards. We wandered round the shops and market and had a lovely time. In fact the time went so quickly.! Charlie loved shopping. Goodness me that girl would have spent hundreds given the chance ! She had no concept of money just wanted everything cool that she saw!  Next time she will be given money in a purse and can decide what to spend it on!

I even had the confidence to go to Marks & Spencers for a bra fitting. It was rubbish. None even remotely fitted despite the bra fitter insisting they did and I should get them. She kept on and I kept pointing out where it gaped or overhung. In the end I politely told her i'd had enough and wouldn't be buying any and I left. I was astounded I found the confidence to do this. In the past I'd have bought one just to get out of there and never worn it, but yesterday I was firm but polite telling her they did not fit I did not want them. I have to say I was terribly disspointed in the service received and certainly won't be going back to M&S for a fitting. So I still need to deal with this and will probably go back and try Debenhams next as heard good reviews about their service.

So I went shopping, I enjoyed it, I had no ibs, no anxiety, no panic, no nothing. I felt calm, I felt confident, I felt normal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment