Friday 7 September 2012

swimming, driving and confidence

Well I went swimming again last night and enjoyed it :) Thats the 2nd time I have been since dealing with my fear of the water :) it was lovely. I need to work on my actual swimming as I'm not brilliant but its nice to go and relax and enjoy it for the first time in my life :) I had no fear at all of the water. I didn't mind my ears and face getting wet. I had tonnes more confidence and yet again went alone :)

When I got there the car park was full. My first thought was go home again, forget it, but then its like I got a gentle nudge, go find somewhere else to park so I did just that :) It was busier than the first time I went. In the past something like this would have freaked me out and made me anxious but I felt calm and in control :)

Again I drove down there and already dark. I thought nothing of it , I just drove :) It felt normal :)

Today I realised just how much more confidence I have :) I met a lovely lovely lady for coffee today who I had never met.  In the past I wouldn't have done this and certainly wouldn't have been the one to arrange it. I was queen of making excuses to stay home. :( I was terrible. Today I had no nerves, I felt calm, smiley and confident. We had a lovely coffee and a natter and I left smiling and feeling so good inside :)

No comments:

Post a Comment