Friday 27 January 2012

Fit Pod

I have been listening to my fit pod now since 11th January. So not that long really.  I am not an exerciser I am a couch potato or maybe that should read 'I was a couch potato' lol.  Don't get me wrong I'm not out running or jogging or anything crazy like that but I have been out for a brisk walk every single day except 2 days since 11th January. On those two days it drove me totally crazy that I couldn't go for a walk :eek: !!

OMG what is happening to me??  I don't mean meander along I mean brisk walk enough to make my thighs etc achey later on :)

The minimum a day is 40 mins but most days I've managed 90 mins :) I am also finding more and more that I sneak the odd 5 or 10 mins of other exercise in :) just little bits, partly to see what I like doing and mainly because I want to!!

In fact I feel really poorly today yet I so want to go out for a walk!


So do I think fit pod works - watch this space! But I would say going by my changes so far that it does !










Update - 2/3/12
I feel I must update this post. Does Fitpod work??? YES IT DOES?


I cannot believe that I now love exercise. So far its been walking, brisk walking, couple of walking exercise DVDs that are 2 miles long, and then recently my 200 miles of exercise challenge for Lent! This couch potato means business.


I managed 7 miles today :) Before I'd make any excuse to not walk the dog, or I'd take her to the park throw the ball, and she'd do the walking. Now we street walk 3-4 miles most days and the least we do is 2.5 miles.  But it doesn't stop there. I will either fit another walk in, 3 miles on the exercise bike, or one of the DVD's. The best part about it is that its subtle.  It doesn't make you want to sprint down the street, it makes the changes slowly. Well you make the changes at a pace you can cope with.  Also I love it. I am really really enjoying my exercise for the first time in my life!


I've recently struggled with sleep, yet even after 3 hours sleep I will walk 3 miles the next morning! Not sure whats happening to me but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment