Wednesday 1 February 2012

Reflections - Weigh/Measure 1st February

So I started my slimpod journey a very unhappy, unhealthy, size 22 weighing 15 stone 10lb


At the beginning I lost about 4lb but then I put some on going up to 16 stone 1.  I should imagine alot of this was stress when we lost Father in law mid November and me rebelling all time and eating foods I wouldn't normally have.

The scales stuck at 16 stone 1 for weeks and weeks, most disheartening but I continued my journey as determined that this will work for me.

I am glad I did as today the scales show I am now 15 stone 11.5 llb. Okay still above where I started but since mid January when I last measured I have lost 6.5 inches :) Thats just in two weeks :)

I need to work out how to load photos as I have one when I started slimpod and wanted to put one up from today. I am not technical so it might take me a while to work out. But I posted this first photo in my diary last night and everyone can see the difference. I look alive, I look happy whereas before I just looked sad and miserable.

Its been an emotional journey for me and a brave one. Do the slimpods work? will I lose weight? I think I can now answer yes to both of these but AND I MEAN BUT its not just about the scales is it? It used to be. Those bleddy numbers ruled my life, they really did, if I got on and was a few pound down I'd be happy but then think its okay to have a treat because I could couldn't I? I mean i've lost weight so my treat was food. Then if I got on and I had gained and i'd been good all week - what then? Well i'd treat myself wouldn't I with food, because thats what you do isn't it when upset?

I was always treating myself with food. food was almost my enemy. I turned to it when I felt good and I turned to it when I felt bad. Now can someone explain why I wondered why I felt like a fat, frumpy tellytubby! food. I was obsessed with it!

So how do I feel 3 months in?

I am slowly losing weight and slowly changing shape - this is good

I am eating and stopping when full - this is amazing

I no longer graze all day

I haven't had crisps for 5 weeks not interested - I always turned to the crisp drawer stress, boredom, snacking, any excuse really

I only seem to want chocolate when its time of the month and hormonal - this is huge. I used to eat tonnes of chocolate

My rings are so lose I will have to stop wearing them soon

I am chosing the healthy option 90% of the time because I want to, not because I have to , I am chosing to? :eek: I have the odd thing thats high fat but it doesn't matter, it doesn't bother me, its just food, simple

Food is no longer at the front of my mind. i am no longer obsessed

If I am stressed I no longer turn to food

I am beginning to like myself

I feel happy, positive, calm and my confidence is slowly returning

I am in control of food, food no longer controls me now this is an amazing realisation. It feels good.

I hadn't realised how low I felt, what a dark place I was in,until the sun shone through. I feel alive :) I am doing this for my lovely Dad who we lost suddenly in 2005 just aged 60 :( He would be so proud of me.

Thank you Slimpod, thankyou everyone at Thinking Slimmer :) xxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I love reading blogs like this. And I love watching as people realise that the slimpod is about so much more than weight loss. In fact, quite often, the weight loss becomes a nice side effect of the true power of the pod. You have written about that brilliantly. Well done you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn :) I love what they do to me :) Like a warm glow :) x

      Delete
  2. Jackie

    So motivating! Glad I found you and your blog and I hope to be where you are SOON!!

    ReplyDelete