Tuesday 8 May 2012

After the lightbulb!

Today has been a good day :)

I love lightbulb moments like yesterday. I think we have so many lessons to learn on this journey and I learnt several this week.

The biggest is 'I'm not on a diet' I need to stop constantly looking at diet food.  I eat healthy, so I must not obsess.

Scales - its confirmed that they really are the devil.  They affect our moods, they affect our feelings, they hurt our feelings, they lie. Simples.

Its a crazy crazy world we live in where everything seems to be measured by numbers.  Especially when scales are involved.  If the scales were in charge I'm a failure.  If I were to go to my Doctor and I was asked to weigh I would be told off. 'You've only lost 5lb' they would say to me... bt my reply

Well look at my blog! hehehehehe I've lost 23 3/4 inches since January, so there! So how does this work? I don't know. Its odd. The photos tell the story don't they? My shape is totally changing yet my scales just stick. They are going down but not at the rate the inches are.  I can only assume its related to the fact that I now exercise :)

Yes thats right Mrs Couch potato is no longer a couch potato :) I walk with Leslie (Leslie Sansone) most days. OMG I love her DVDs. I walked 3 miles with her today, I say walked today was a brisk walk with a boost :D and I did it :) Mrs Couch Potato kept pace and smiled the whole time. I love it! This girl who was allergic to exercise loves it. I have finally found something I enjoy.  I also walk miles with the dog too.  I walk tall with a smile.

Whats best is I exercise because I enjoy it :) I love it :)

So is there anyone out there that wonders 'Does the fit pod work?' 'Can it work if I am allergic to exercise?' YES YES YES it can! I am proof.  I average 3-4 miles a day now and enjoy it. Some days I walk 6 miles :)

Today I relaxed into it.  I have had a fab day. I've got lots of work done. I've eaten healthily and until full but without 'thinking' about it constantly.  Because I relaxed into it and just got on with it, I've not snacked, and haven't wanted to? Why? Because I wasn't constantly thinking about it. Thinking what I should and shouldn't have, I just went with the flow :) How cool is that :)

I think perhaps I am powershower and chillpodded out today as I played them on repeat as I worked. But you know what I feel fab! I feel calm, relaxed, a lovely inner calm, my positivity is back and I feel, well , smiley :)

I have a couple of tunic dresses in a size 18. I want to be wearing them by the 9th June :) Its my SIL 50th Birthday so I have a goal to aim for, and of course my size 18 jeans which are being shortened for me ready to wear very very soon I hope :)  I have a way to go to get into those dresses, but I am going to try my best to be in them so I have a choice of what to wear.

Sandra posted a quote a while ago and I love it
When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place

I love this quote. :) Today I remembered why I had held on for so long :) its a good feeling.

Another favourite quote is

Aim for the moon, fall on the stars .........

No comments:

Post a Comment