Wednesday 23 May 2012

a little update

So I had a bad day yesterday, just so that you all know I'm not always 100% :)  I scalehopped in the morning. Couldn't resist the urge despite my challenge of not weighing until 2nd June. Yep they said 1.5lb on :( I was gutted, yet the day before someone told me I looked stunning, so healthy, glowing, lost loads of weight, we were giggling about the fact I'd lost so many inches and dress sizes yet just 5lb. So what changed over night? The scales !!!!!!!

I let those pesky numbers affect my mood again and my eating. I fell into some crisps, a mini packet of biscuits and a choccie ice lolly. I did not however have any tea :) as I was full thank you very much.  In one of my pods Trevor says 'There is no failure only feedback' I love this quote. I did not fail yesterday I had a blip. What is my feedback = crisps, biccies and a choccie lolly do not equal a yummy tea, they made me feel miserable and they made me feel sick (giggles) I have moved on. why oh why oh why did I do it? because I could not understand why they had gone up 1.5lb when I felt and looked slimmer :( I was gutted.... but why?? Why does it matter so much what the scales say? Its crazy isn't it. Everyone measures success by pesky numbers. The world is figures crazy. Obsessed with figures.  So today to cheer myself up I thought I'd throw some different figures into the equation.  Since 11th January I've been measuring with a good old fashioned tape measure once a month.  I have lost a further 5.5 inches

So okay I am 1.5lb up but I've lost flab, feel better and look thinner.

So far I have lost

3.5 inches off my waist
2 inches off bust
3.5 inches off my underbust
6.5 inches of hips
7 inches off tummy
1.5 inches off calves
2.5 inches off thighs
3 inches above my knee

29.5 inches and more as I never did measure my arms. My wrists are 1/2 inch thinner too and my upper arms are 4 inches thinner so if you add that onto the above


I have totally changed. My confidence is returning daily, I exercise every single day and love it. I walked to school this morning and in my head I was working out how many Leslie Sansone boosted miles I could fit in before my phone call at 10am.  I decided I would do 2 miles as didn't want to be huffing and puffing down the phone. I got in the door changed into my kit and put on the dvd nice and loud. Within 2 mins I was smiling and loving it. I managed 3 miles but actually wanted to do more :eek: I love these DVDs and cannot recommend them enough. I do not have a gym membership, I do not want one, I love walking. I love walking outdoors and I love walking indoors. Its a fantastic free all round fitness and the DVDs are not expensive and they are multi muscle work outs.  The above proves it :)

I used to be such a couch potato. Any excuse not to walk anywhere. Now I don't exercise 2 or 3 times a week I exercise every single day :) why? Because I love love love it and it makes me feel so good :)

1 comment:

  1. Morning Jackie could not open blog on mobile last night just read it now Well done on a great blog and finding the solutions it is just so powerful isn't it? My only bit of advice I would like to add is, It seems to me your are in a good comfortable place now why not (controversial bit) Throw out the scales or take them to a charity shop or even give to a friend so that if you need to weigh in you have to make an effort to visit the scales. xxx

    ReplyDelete