Saturday 10 March 2012

Saturday 10th March

Well unfortunately despite rest my calf is not better. :( I just took the dog for a short walk and before I got to the end of the road had problems. So guess a longer rest needed :(


This sets me right back on my 200 mile challenge.  Even if I can start again on Monday (unlikely) I'd have to average 5 miles a day which is a lot to fit in around work, kids etc.


I shall see how my calf is and decide Monday. IF necessary I guess the best option is to extend the date of the challenge so that I can still have a chance to complete it?


Who would ever have thought a couch potato like me would miss exercise! or even get an injury in the first place lol !


I feel totally normal around food. Its so lovely just to eat what I fancy and stop when full. No 'oh can't have that' or 'shouldn't have that'.  Just made a lovely low fat fruit cake and totally enjoyed a slice.


I just go with what I fancy now. Most of the time its the healthy option totally through choice and occasionally its something not so healthy but no guilt :) Bottle that feeling. 


Its really is the best feeling in the world not to be dieting. 20+ years of calories, syns, points, starving, binging, stuffing face with choccie, and its all over. :) Fantastic.  I haven't binged since before Christmas. Couldn't if I wanted to as once full, yes sometimes I can eat past full a little, but only a little or i'd feel stuffed and ill.


I don't even look at the snacky foods anymore. They just don't interest me. I find myself grabbing a bananna if I fancy something, or a shape crumble yoghurt, or a handful of grapes.  Easter should be interesting this year! Last few years I've bought eggs and had to replace them so many times. I keep finding empty boxes that I flat packed around the house (hidden) to put out for recycling and forget :( I was terrible. I had a real thing with cadburys.  Couldn't get enough of it. Not had any for a few weeks now and don't miss it :eek: Its a strange feeling where we can have chocolate in the house and it doesn't call me anymore :)


I do need to stop turning to bread as a quick brekkie and lunch. Too much bread bloats me and just doesn't agree with me so I am trying to go back to porridge for breakfast so that I can have toast etc at lunches if I need to.


I stick cook most meals the sw way. ie main meals. SW chips are the best. I just don't follow any plan anymore.  I have reverted back to using olive oil some of the time and full fat mayo. Why not? A little of what you fancy does you good because this girl understands 'moderation' now :) woohoo what a fab feeling is that. I can be trusted around food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment